Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bobby Whitfield


Name: Bobby Whitfield

Currently living in: Ft Collins, Colorado but moving to Arlington, VA in December





Email address: robw@frontrangetraining.com

Favorite memory from H.S: Graduating

What you did after High School: I moved to PA immediately after graduating and went to PennState for a year and was a manager at WallyMart. After that I spent about 6 years in the Marine Corps special operations community. When I got out I taught High Performance Driving and firearms in VA for a while, then I took a job with the Department of State teaching hostage rescue to anti-kidnap teams in Bogota, Colombia. I moved to Colorado shortly after returning from Colombia and started a firearms training & consulting company that is now one of the largest in the western US. I sold that company in January of 2006 although I still teach and write many of the courses. I worked in Pakistan for a bit before I went to Iraq running protective details for “VIPs” moving around aimlessly. Now, I am still in Iraq however I have switched agencies and I love what I do, although after 22 months in this place I am ready for a break.

College Attended: PennState, American Public University

Degree(s) Received: Finishing a Bachelors in Middle Eastern Studies online.

Current Job: Small unit team leader supporting intelligence gathering operations in Iraq.

Family: Someday when I’m ready to stop working overseas.

Hobbies: Nutrition & fitness, thrill seeking, guitar, travel, fast cars.

Achievements: Doing everything I want to do, when I want to do it with no restrictions.

Future Goals or anything you’d like to share: I will retire at the age of 35 and move to a hurricane-free beach where I will do nothing but spend time with my family, play volleyball, pick away at my guitar and drink tequila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home