Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Janette Duhm


Name: Janette M. Duhm

Currently living in: Moline, IL










Email address: jduhm@sbcglobal.net

Favorite memory from H.S: I have too many memories to be able to pick a favorite, but I would have to say that I miss going to the different sports events and cheering on the Maroons. It’s just not the same now!

What you did after High School: First I attended BHC and after receiving my AA & AS I transferred to Augustana College. At Augie I studied Psychology and received my BA. While there, I sang in the choir, danced for the school and joined a sorority, Sigma Pi Delta. I also had the opportunity to study for a trimester in Europe: London, Munich & Paris…with much traveling in between. After graduating and realizing that I couldn’t do much with a BA in Psychology, I worked for a couple years while applying for graduate schools. During this time I continued to perform with the QC Music Guild in a number of shows and with the QC Steamwheelers as a Deckmate. After finding the perfect program for me, I continued on to get my MA in Counseling Psychology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School near Chicago, which I just completed this past spring.

College Attended: Black Hawk College, Augustana College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.

Degree(s) Received: AS, AA, BA in Psychology, MA in Counseling Psychology

Current Job: Seeking…

Family: Single

Hobbies: I still enjoy singing and dancing – performing with the Quad City Music Guild. I also love reading for fun, but actually find that I miss reading for school! Lately I have taken up crocheting. I love to spend as much time as possible outside doing just about anything…hiking, biking, camping, spelunking, kayaking/rafting, disk golf, ultimate Frisbee, volleyball…etc! In the free time I have, I like to do all of the above or just relax with friends and nice glass of wine or margarita!

Achievements: Completing my Masters degree. Also the musicals and dance squads. Since high school I have also been able to travel around the world everywhere from Europe to South America to Australia!

Future Goals or anything you’d like to share: I am hoping to soon decide where I would like to live! Then I can get a job and work towards state licensure in Counseling Psychology. I am currently looking at the Madison, WI area where my boyfriend lives. If that doesn’t work out, Chicago will be the next place on my list! Then, who knows, maybe on to get my PhD in Psychology. I would love to focus on early childhood development, specializing in PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home